Suga of BTS began his mandatory military service on Friday.
He will be fulfilling his compulsory military service by doing alternative service after receiving basic training for the first few weeks during boot camp.
“I was able to come this far thanks to you ARMY (the name of BTS' fan community). Now it’s time for me (to begin my mandatory military service). I will do my utmost to fulfill my national duty. Stay warm as the weather is getting cold. Stay healthy and let’s meet in 2025. I always love you and thank you ARMY,” wrote Suga to his fans on Weverse on Friday.
He had canceled his deferral of the mandatory military service last month to initiate the military enlistment process.
Big Hit Music did not disclose the reason for Suga being assigned to alternative service but him having had surgery repairing a labral tear in 2020 is believed to be the reason.
Suga is the third member of K-pop sensation BTS to enlist in his compulsory military service following Jin, who enlisted in December 2022 and J-Hope who joined in April this year.
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- 민주당 이상민 의원, 내주 與 혁신위와 대담…거취 정할지 주목
- Seoul to push through bill to ban dog meat consumption
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Sao Paulo, horizons expand for Korean studies
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- YouTuber ‘iGoBart’ and his mission to explore all 467 neighborhoods of Seoul