Of the four members of Blackpink, only Rose renewed her contract with label YG Entertainment, according to a local media report on Thursday.
The rest of the foursome will find new agencies but are likely to set aside six months out of a year for group activities, it added.
The management firm denied reports that it is still in discussion with all four members. The quartet’s exclusive contract with YG expired in early August.
Although fans have been awaiting confirmation on whether the superstars would resign with the label, they stayed quiet on the matter during their final concert in Seoul last weekend that wrapped up its world tour that drew over 1.8 million audiences in total. Jennie, however, hinted fans that they will carry on as a group, saying “We will continue to be cool Blackpink,” at the live show.
Stray Kids’ members to miss activities after fender-bender
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- Music industry seeks solution to ticket scalping through public discussion
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula